in partnership with
WBA Accelerator – Driving Smart City Innovation – May 10th, 2017
Creating and driving innovation in the wireless industry is one of the key activities of the Wireless Broadband Alliance. In this fast-moving industry, bringing innovators and key industry players together will help drive further developments and industry engagements.
What is the WBA Accelerator?
WBA Accelerator is a dedicated session at the Wireless Global Congress in London that allows companies to pitch their business ideas and propositions to a panel of industry specialists, an audience of (invited) investors and conference attendees. Participating companies will be given 5 minutes to present to the expert panel, followed by 5 minutes for questions. A maximum of 6 companies will be allowed to participate in each session.
Submit your technology, company, or project for review by investment, city, and industry leadership. Top ranked submissions will be offered an opportunity to present your solution to investment, city, and industry prospectors during the WBA Accelerator session.
Key Focus: Driving Innovation in Smart Cities
The technological components of a “smart city,” including everything from smart grids and driverless cars to automated buildings and advanced sensors, can be complicated.
Thanks to modern technology, cities can now communicate their needs and their responses to certain scenarios in real-time. To efficiently respond to challenges in areas such as mobility, energy and environmental protection, tomorrow’s cities must deploy systems capable of meeting the requirements of their residents and the city services and infrastructure.
Who can participate?
Companies are eligible to participate when:
- seeking partners to support their product/service development and launch
- their current (product) revenue is less than $2.5 million per year and are less than 5 years in existence
- the company has a relevance to the broad ecosystem of licensed and unlicensed wireless, and should focus on the key topic of “Driving Innovation in Smart Cities”
- the company is seeking investment or partnerships, such as in the areas of sales and distribution channels, technology and product development and/or business development, etc.
Why should you be involved?
- Cities will be able to discover and learn from the latest innovations in Smart City developments
- Investors will be able to evaluate companies that are developing innovative solutions for smart cities
- Innovators will be able to present their latest developments to a broad audience of investors, cities and executives from the wireless industry
How to participate?
If you are a company that is looking for external investments and/or partnerships, and are willing to pitch your proposition at our conference, you can indicate your interest outlining the proposition and your ‘ask’ to the panel and investors. The entries will be reviewed by an independent committee that will create a shortlist of companies that will be contacted by the WBA for further discussion.
There is NO FEE required to participate in the sessions. Before the session, the WBA will host a networking reception, where the participating companies can engage with investors and conference attendees.
Participants will have free access to the Wireless Global Congress for the duration of the Accelerator sessions and the networking reception. Full access passes for the event will be available at a discounted rate.